192.168.1.1 is a Private Network Access IP Address for many WiFi Routers. 192.168.l.l OR 192.168.1.1 is mainly used to get the Admin Access of the WiFi Router and Setup the Internet Access or Change WiFi Password.
How to Login to 192.168.1.1?
To login to your WiFi Router Admin Page using this 192.168.1.1 IP address please follow these steps.
Step 1: First Visit the IP address or enter manually 192.168.1.1
Step 2: One Page will open and ask you for the Username and Password (If this IP supports your WiFi Router)
Step 3: Now enter the default Username and Password as (admin) Or check the Username and password given at the Backside of your WiFi Router.
Step 4: Now click on the Login button and you will see the WiFi Admin Dashboard.
In this Admin Dashboard, your can set up your Router with the Internet, use the router as a Repeater OR Change your WiFi Name and Password.
If in case your WiFi Router Does not Support the 192.168.1.1 IP Address – Check the Backside of your WiFi Router for the default IP address
– Try other IP addresses that may support it.
Forgot the Router IP Address?
If you forgot your WiFi Router Default Admin Login IP address then you can find the address in 3 ways given below.
- Check the Router Backside for IP Address (If you have not changed it)
- Use Control Panel to Find your Default IP address
- Use Command Prompt to find the Router Default IP address.
1. Find Router IP at the Backside of your Router:
Now, let’s assume you have not changed the default IP address of your WiFi Router, and you forgot the Login IP then use the first trick.
Take your WiFi Router and check on the Backside for the Default Gateway IP address. You will also find the Default Login Username and Password for your WiFi Router.
2. Use Control Panel to find your IP Address:
Yes, You can find out the Admin Login IP address for your Router using the Control Panel in Windows PC.
- First go to Control Panel in Windows PC
- Then Go to Network and Internet Settings
- Then Click on Change Adapter Setting
- Now Right Click on the Network you are connected with and go to Properties.
- Then click on the Details option in the Properties.
In this details Option you need to find IPv4 Default Gateway this is your Router Admin Login IP.
3. Use Command Prompt to Find Admin IP:
This is the easiest way to find out the WiFi Router Default IP address. You just need to use one Command and done.
- First of all, open the Command Prompt on your PC
- Then Enter ipconfig command and hit enter button.
- Now you will see some data after pressing the Enter Button
- Check for the Default Gateway because that is your Router Default IP for Admin Login.
That’s it, you are now ready to login to your WiFi Router with the default IP or use 192.168.1.1 IP.
How to Change Default IP to 192.168.1.1?
Now I will share some easy tricks to change your WiFi Router Default IP address to 192.168.1.1 so that you can remember this IP forever.
In addition, you can also change your WiFi Router Username and Password.
Step 1: First of all Open the Browser and enter the default IP address for your Router.
Step 2: Now Login to the Admin Page using your Username and Password.
Step 3: Then You will see one Dashboard go to the Admin Settings/Settings option.
Step 4: In the Settings Option you will see some options such as Default Gateway, SSID, Username, and Password.
Step 5: Change the Default Gateway to 192.168.1.1 to change your Wifi Router Admin Login IP address.
To change your WiFi Name you can change the SSID if you want to change the Admin Login Username/Password change the Username and Password in settings.
Unable to Access 192.168.1.1?
If you are unable to access this 192.168.1.1 Admin Login IP address for your WiFi Router then there are a few reasons check them all and find out why!!
- Your WiFi Router Admin IP is different than 192.168.1.1
- If you are not connected to the router you want to visit the Admin Page
- Your Browser Cache is too old; clear the cache to refresh your browser.
- You might have changed your WiFi Router to something else.
The solution to Get Access to this IP Address:
Here are some solutions to get access to 192.168.1.1 Admin Login IP address. Try the suitable solution for you and if still facing an issue let us know.
- Check the Default Admin Login IP address on the Backside of your WiFi Router and Use that IP address first then you can change the IP address.
- Make Sure you are connected to the WiFi Router using a WiFi or LAN cable connection.
- Clear Browser Cache or use Cache Clearing software that will refresh your Computer/Mobile.
- Find out your Current WiFi Admin Gateway IP address using the command prompt on your PC.
Default Username and Password
Check the List of Default Username/Password given below
|Router Brand||Login IP||Username||Password|
In case you Changed any settings and forgot the IP Address/Username/Password or anything you can simply Reset your WiFi Router to set the default IP address, Username and Password.
The Default IP, Username, and Password are always given at the backside of your WiFi Router.